About Us

We are Stuart and Jessie - a couple imperfectly pursuing God's will for our family, which so far has included having and loving 3 children, getting debt free, and now pursuing an international adoption.
Welcome to our blog.

Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Step 1: Passports

After raising enough money to start the process of an adoption, I emailed our prospective agency and they sent us the application.  I filled it out and my daughter went and spilled soup on it.  What a sweetheart.

Thankfully I have time to redo it because the very very first step in the process is renewing our passports.  Well, technically mine is still valid but it has my maiden name on it.  I used it to go to Costa Rica for our 5th anniversary (if you didn't catch my point, that means I was married then), but somehow I'm questioning whether I should attempt to use it for this situation as we're looking at a lot more flights, airports, and security. I googled it and I've found that some people had trouble with certain airlines in this situation, regardless of showing a marriage license.  Any thoughts on this?  Should I just go ahead and renew (FYI: it'll cost us $110, money I would LOVE not to spend)?

With all that said, here's to our first step.  Cheers!

P.S. For those who are OCD and find it is driving THEM crazy as well, I did add a dot to the "i" in "National."

No comments:

Post a Comment