Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Financial Update!

Adoptions are expensive.  

International adoptions are REALLY expensive.  

A lot of people have asked just how expensive they are, and I hesitate to say it because it seems overwhelming to even verbalize.  But then it dawned on me that we're going to be doing a TON of fundraising, and perhaps you'd like to know why we're doing so much.   Well, because folks, to bring home a little child from Russia, we are going to have to pay somewhere close to $45,000.  (eek.)

However, as one person so perfectly put it, adoptions follow a sequence of events.  And each event requires different sums of money.  So THANKFULLY we do not have to write a check for $45,000 to start the process.  Instead, we have different goals we'll need to reach at different times.  

As I posted on our Financial Goals page, our first goal is to be able to pay for the application fee and home study.  The home study will require additional fees throughout the process (in excess of the $2500) but I'm sure we'll be able to tackle those as they come.  

On another note, I've been told that as we get further into this process, sharing our financial data will most likely be frowned upon.  I'll do what I can, when I can, but you are always welcome to ask!

And last but not least - Stuart and I started our fundraising less than 3 weeks ago.  I finally sat down and transferred the last bit of donations into our adoption account and we have reached $2,416!!!   IN THREE WEEKS!!!!  

Again, thank you to all who donated for our first yard sale, for those who gave monetarily, and for those of you who have been praying for us.  I have no doubt God has been multiplying our efforts and we've been thoroughly encouraged.  


No comments:

Post a Comment