About Us

We are Stuart and Jessie - a couple imperfectly pursuing God's will for our family, which so far has included having and loving 3 children, getting debt free, and now pursuing an international adoption.
Welcome to our blog.

Powered by Blogger.

Monday, October 1, 2012

We have a date!

If you check out our timeline page, you'll notice I finally updated it.  You'll also notice I updated it into the future.  That's right friends - we have our biometrics appointment set!  I'm not sure what is normal as far as timelines go, but we were told this whole process is backlogged and could take several months.  So far, it seems as though we're moving along just fine...  =)


2 comments:

  1. My husband and I are spending a lazy sunday together (the first in quite awhile thanks to this wonderful but crazy busy life). He's watching football and I found myself "digging" through the Internet for recent Russian adoption blogs. Coming across your blog has brightened my day and put hope back into my heart. After nearly 6 years of infertility, adoption has been the topic of conversation for myself and my husband more than just a handful of times. Russian adoption
    In particular has been a desire of mine for quite some time. But as time has ticked on and our finances have drained with the burden of fertility treatments (and simply life in general) we have found ourselves in a category I thought of as "unable to consider adoption". As you know so well adoption
    Is very expensive, and my husband exspecially (the financially frugal one of the two of us) cannot begin to wrap his mind around the 30-40 thousand dollars needed to pursue adoption. As we've discussed Russian adoption the past few months I've ended up discouraged and hopeless, feeling as though I will never be able to pursue my dream. After reading your blog today and seeing how God is leading you and your family and providing financially through fundraising I am truly touched and inspired. You have given me the glimmer of hope that I have needed to hold onto my dream. Thank you for sharing your story and may God bless you and your family as well as your little one that is waiting to come home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loren - I can't thank you enough for your comment. It means a lot that something I might have said would be encouraging to someone I've never even met. I'll be praying for your journey. =)

    ReplyDelete